Personalizations are a great way to engage your subscribers, and because the Informz for MemberSuite integration supports many different personalization fields, you’ll never be at a loss when you need to add some subscriber data to your mailings. Let’s look at the different options you have available with personalizations.
Informz has access to the following default personalization fields in MemberSuite:
Inserting Personalizations in a Mailing
Mailing Designer 1
Personalization fields are selected from the Personalization Toolbar in the Informz editor. They have the following format:
Mailing Designer 2
In the Rich Text Editor, click the Personalization Icon.
Click the Personalization Type dropdown and select Integrated Personal Info.
Click your desired personalization to add it to the mailing's content.
Sending Mailings with Personalization Codes
The data to populate the code are retrieved from MemberSuite when you send a mailing. Personalization data are not stored locally in Informz unless you use cached personalizations (which ultimately need to be refreshed). Non-cached data are gathered from MemberSuite just before the mailing sends.
List of Attributes
The List of Attributes provides details about each personalization used in a mailing.
Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
Click List of Personalization Attributes. The next page displays all fields from MemberSuite that can be used for personalization.
Click Edit to modify the corresponding personalization. You'll see the following attributes:
- Attribute Use: Allows an MemberSuite field to display, or not, in the personalization field list in the editor.
- Internal Name: The field name found in MemberSuite. This does not need to be changed
- Comment: Used for internal documentation about the use of a personalization fields
- Data Element: The MemberSuite name of the field. This cannot be changed.
- Is Valid: Determines if the field is valid for personalizations.
- Display Name: Editable to provide a more descriptive name for Informz users.
- Personalization Default: The value Informz uses when no value is available from MemberSuite.
If you do not wish to use a particular data field for personalization, uncheck the Personalization checkbox.
The right personalization can make your subscribers feel welcome when they open your mailing, so try out different combinations and fields. The only limit is your creativity!