Managing your Instagram account is easy with Socializer. Once set up, you are able to:
- Manage your stream.
- Read and respond to comments in your PriorityInbox.
- Schedule posts to your Instagram account.
- Use robust analytics to understand how your audience engages with your visual content.
- Search for posts and monitor specific hashtags.
- Automatically "like" or follow people who share common interests with your organization
To get the most out of using Socializer with Instagram, you need an Instagram Business Profile. It only takes a minute to set this up. Switching to an Instagram Business Profile also gives you access to valuable information, such as detailed post analytics and the ability to add more details (like email address and phone number) to allow your followers to further connect with you.
You can also convert your current profile to a business profile. Here are the summarized steps:
- Open Instagram
- Click on the cog wheel icon within your Instagram profile
- Select Switch to Business Profile
- Link your Instagram Profile to your Facebook Page for business
Setting up the Instagram Service
Navigate to Services > Add Service. Locate the Instagram option and click Add.
The Add Instagram window opens. Click Setup next to Instagram Business Profile.
You'll need to log into your Instagram account and allow Socializer to access your account. You are now able to monitor your Instagram account!
As of February, 2016, Instagram's latest API now allows for direct posting from Socializer as opposed to the Instagram mobile app. You will need to setup an Instagram Business Profile as a new service within Socializer to do this.
Posting to Instagram is limited to a single photo (.jpg and .png) file per post. To schedule videos and multiple photos, continue to publish through the push-notification process.
To ensure that the image is published, make sure it is under 5MB and has a maximum resolution of 1920×1080. This falls under the image requirements for Instagram Business set by Facebook.
This approach has a number of benefits:
- You can include multiple email addresses in the notification. This keeps your team informed and eliminates the bottleneck of having only one person be able to post to the account.
- By having all content delivered to your inbox, posting to Instagram becomes as easy as copying and pasting. You no longer need to search for the image or wait for long downloads; everything is in one location.
- Crafting your post through Socializer allows you to include multiple elements easily and without typing on your mobile device. Include text, links, and even emojis from your keyboard.
Managing your Instagram account has never been easier. Backed by robust analytics, you’ll be able to have a better understanding of what is working, who is engaging, and how you're growing your audience. Take your visual game to the next level with Socializer!