Buttons let your readers navigate from your mailing to landing pages, documents, websites, and so forth. Let's look at how to add buttons to your template.
As with all Template Designer layouts, you can drag and drop button layouts onto the canvas. Simply click-and-hold the layout you wish to add, drag your cursor to your desired location, and release.
When you release, your layout becomes part of the template and is ready for editing.
There are two content options for button layouts:
- Hyperlink: Click the dropdown list to select a hyperlink destination for your button. You may choose from the following options:
- Web Page
- Web Version of this Mailing
- Form Landing Page
- Content Only Landing Page
- Unsubscribe Landing Page
- Email Address
- Label: Enter the button text.
There are six style options for button layouts:
- Use Default Background: Check to use the default background color. Uncheck to set a unique color for this button.
- Use Default Text Color: Check to use the default text color. Uncheck to set a unique text color.
- Use Default Expansion: Check to use the default expansion option. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can select to have this button to expand to the layout’s width.
- Use Default Size: Check to use the default button size. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can resize this button.
- Use Default Alignment: Check to use the default alignment. Uncheck to select either Left, Center, or Right alignment.
- Use Default Text Decoration: Check to use the default text decoration. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can choose to underline the text.
Just a Click Away
There are several options for your buttons, so get creative. Your readers are never more than a click away from something amazing!