While most of your landing page work will be completed in the Design tab, it is critical to understand the functions of the other tabs in the Landing Page Designer. These are Mobile, Process, and Activate.
These tabs, while dependent on the work you do in the Design tab, contain features that allow you to complete the landing page process.
Let’s learn about each of these tabs and see what they can do!
The Mobile Tab
The Mobile tab allows you to optimize your layout for a mobile device. You will not add any elements to this design – they are all inherited from the Design tab. However, you can freely resize the existing elements inside the layout area and change their position. Additionally, you can work with the Style Flyout Menu (Any styles you change are shared between the Design and Mobile tabs).
The Process Tab
The Process tab allows you to configure what happens after a subscriber completes a landing page form.
The process tab contains the following options:
- Change the user’s profile: Click in the Auto-subscribe interests field to add any automatic interests to assign after subscribers complete the form.
- Redirect the user: Click the dropdown list to redirect subscribers to another landing page, a web page, or an uploaded PDF file (PDFs are uploaded in this tab by selecting File).
- Auto-fill: Allows the form to auto-fill information (the checkbox is unchecked by default). This feature is designed for profile management, and if subscribers access the form via a mailing (when this option is checked), their information auto-fills. Please note that if subscribers forward the mailing, the original subscriber’s information carries forward. This means that if forwarded recipients open the mailing and access the subscription form via the links, they could potentially overwrite subscription and profile information for the original subscriber.
- Notify: Enter any email addresses that will receive notification any time a form is completed and add a note to those recipients.
- Follow-up mailing: Select a follow-up mailing to subscribers who complete the form. You can copy an existing mailing or create a new one.
- Add user to a campaign: Adds subscribers that complete the landing page form to an Informz campaign. Note that you need to have an active campaign for this option to be available.
The Activate Tab
As the name suggests, the Activate tab allows you to activate your landing page. However, it also allows you to test your landing page and displays your Form URL and iFrame Code.
The buttons have the following functions:
- Test Landing Page: Opens a new tab with the Landing Page in test mode.
- Test Mobile Landing Page: Opens a new tab with the Mobile Landing Page in test mode.
- Get URL: Opens a pop-up window that contains the Landing Page URL.
- Get iFrame Code: Opens a pop-up window that contains the Landing Page iFrame Code.
- Activate Landing Page: Activates the Landing Page.
If there is a validation error on the Process tab (such as a missing URL), the Get URL, Get iFrame Code, and Activate Landing Page buttons are disabled. Additionally, the tab displays a message that identifies the error.
Below is a list of the messages that display with each corresponding validation error for the Process tab:
- No URL in Redirect the User Section (Web Page Option): “Please correct the web page URL for where to redirect the user on the Process tab.”
- No File Selected in Redirect the User Section (File Option): “Please upload a file for where to redirect the user on the Process tab.”
- No Follow Up Mailing (Create a New Mailing Option Incomplete): “Please add content to your follow-up mailing on the Process tab.”
- Webinar Error – General: “Please correct the selected webinar on the Process tab.”
- Webinar Error – Missing Fields: "To register users for a webinar, the Landing Page must contain Personal Info fields for both First Name and Last Name. Once added in the Design Tab, each Personal Info field can be configured for the webinar using its gear icon."
- Webinar Error – Multiple First Name Fields: "Only one Personal Info field may be designated as the 'First Name' for the purpose of webinar registration. Please adjust the configuration of the Personal Info fields in the Design tab."
- Webinar Error – Multiple Last Name Fields: "Only one Personal Info field may be designated as the 'Last Name' for the purpose of webinar registration. Please adjust the configuration of the Personal Info fields in the Design tab.”
Flight Number 1, You are Cleared for Landing!
Once you have gone through each tab in the Landing Page Designer, you will be ready to go! Also, remember that the URLs in the Activate tab can be either as links in your mailings or for embedding iFrames versions of your form (check out the related articles to learn more about iFrames).