Integrated Preference Management is a useful tool that allows your subscribers to select which mailing content they wish to receive from you. Often, organizations manage preferences from multiple streams, so it is often best for their native system to serve as the authoritative source for those preferences. This article serves as a technical outline for how you can accomplish this with your own system.
- Do you have preference management for your subscribers stored anywhere in your native CMS/CRM/AMS system?
- If Yes, you need to determine where you store this information.
- If No, you need to decide where you want to store this information.
- Determine the list of preferences or categories that you wish to see managed on a form or landing page inside Informz.
- Create those preferences as Interests in Informz.
- Using the API BulkUpload (with Interest) call, send the entire list of membership for each of those predefined interests and subscribers with a single call.
Congratulations! You have successfully migrated all of your chosen preferences into Informz. You can now use these in your mailings as targets.
- The next step is to create a data input or landing page form inside Informz using these interests. You'll embed this page as a url in a template or mailing that you send to those targeted interests. Ultimately, this allows your subscribers to Opt-In or Opt-Out of different categories
- To allow your native system to track the changes subscribers make based off of this form, you'll need to execute this XML call on a hourly, daily, or weekly basis (this is your call!). Take the results from this call and use them to update your native system.
- Once the update is complete, repeat the API BulkUpload (with Interest) call to make sure the preferences in Informz remain up-to-date with those in your system.