One of the benefits of using a parent-child account structure is the ability to copy mailings from one account to another. In Mailing Designer 2 (MD2), this is a simple process. Let's take a look!
In the parent account, navigate to Mailing Designer 2.0 > View.
Hover over the Menu icon for your desired mailing and select Copy to Child. This opens the Copy Mailing to Child Account window.
Here, change the mailing Name (if necessary) and check the checkbox for each child account you wish to copy to.
Click Copy. You’ll see a confirmation message that indicates that the mailing has successfully copied. You’ll find the copy in the Main Folder in the child account. Additionally, you’ll find the mailing’s template (and all associated custom layouts) in the Main Folder on the Templates page (Mailing Designer 2.0 > Templates).
There are a few things you'll want to keep in mind when copying MD2 mailings to a child account:
- Images in the template and mailing reference the images in the parent account’s asset manager.
- Copying removes the following links from the mailing copy (you’ll need to relink these pages in the child account):
- Unsubscribe Landing Pages
- Form Landing Pages
- Content-Only Landing Pages
- If you copy two parent mailings that use the same template, each copy creates a new template instance (the child account will have two new mailings and two new templates).
Copies allow you to maintain a consistent style across any associated child accounts. Even though the account users may create mailings with different or wide-ranging content, you'll know that your basic design ideas remain intact!