While most of your landing page work will be completed in the Design tab, it is critical to understand the functions of the other tabs in the Landing Page Designer. These tabs, while dependent on the work you do in the Design tab, contain features that allow you to complete the landing page process.
In this article, you'll learn about the Activate tab.
The Activate Tab
As the name suggests, the Activate tab allows you to activate your landing page. However, it also allows you to test your landing page and displays your Form URL and iFrame Code.
The buttons have the following functions:
- Test Landing Page: Opens a new tab with the Landing Page in test mode.
- Test Mobile Landing Page: Opens a new tab with the Mobile Landing Page in test mode.
- Get URL: Opens a pop-up window that contains the Landing Page URL.
- Get iFrame Code: Opens a pop-up window that contains the Landing Page iFrame Code.
- Activate Landing Page: Activates the Landing Page.
If there is a validation error on the Process tab (such as a missing URL), the Get URL, Get iFrame Code, and Activate Landing Page buttons are disabled. Additionally, the tab displays a message that identifies the error.
Below is a list of the messages that display with each corresponding validation error for the Process tab:
- No URL in Redirect the User Section (Web Page Option): “Please correct the web page URL for where to redirect the user on the Process tab.”
- No File Selected in Redirect the User Section (File Option): “Please upload a file for where to redirect the user on the Process tab.”
- No Follow Up Mailing (Create a New Mailing Option Incomplete): “Please add content to your follow-up mailing on the Process tab.”
- Webinar Error – General: “Please correct the selected webinar on the Process tab.”
- Webinar Error – Missing Fields: "To register users for a webinar, the Landing Page must contain Personal Info fields for both First Name and Last Name. Once added in the Design Tab, each Personal Info field can be configured for the webinar using its gear icon."
- Webinar Error – Multiple First Name Fields: "Only one Personal Info field may be designated as the 'First Name' for the purpose of webinar registration. Please adjust the configuration of the Personal Info fields in the Design tab."
- Webinar Error – Multiple Last Name Fields: "Only one Personal Info field may be designated as the 'Last Name' for the purpose of webinar registration. Please adjust the configuration of the Personal Info fields in the Design tab.”
Don't Forget the URLs
Remember that the URLs in the Activate tab can be either as links in your mailings or for embedding iFrames versions of your form (check out the related articles to learn more about iFrames).