Action-based target groups are a way to target mailings or to group of subscribers based on their activities within Informz. This information is really helpful when you want to narrow your targeting to pinpoint specific behaviors that your subscribers exhibit.
Looking at open and hyperlink click behaviors is a great place to start.
- Those who Opened a Specific Mailing
- Those who Opened Any Mailing over Period of Time
- Those who Did not Open a Specific Mailing
- Those who Did not Open Any Mailings over Period of Time
- Those who opened mailings within a Recent Time Period
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked a Specific Link in any Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who clicked Any Link in Any Mailing
- Those who Did Not Click Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked Any Links over a Period of Time
- Those who Clicked a Link in a Mailing within a Recent Time Period
- Those who Used Send-to-Friend over Period of Time
- Those who Clicked a Specific Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in a Specific Mailing
- Those who Clicked Any Ad Link in Any Mailing
Note that there are additional integrated options if you have the Informz Modules for Surveys, Events, or Fundraising.
Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups.
The Create Target Group pop-up displays. Click the dropdown list and select Action-Based.
Enter a Name for the target group. Click Next to continue.
Select the type of action you want to work with. Note that unavailable actions will be "ghosted" and cannot be selected.
Click Next to continue.
Depending on the action you selected, you may be prompted to select a mailing and/or hyperlink. For example, if you chose the action “Clicked a Specific Custom Link in a Specific Mailing,” you will be prompted to select a mailing.
You will also be prompted to select the link for the target group to use.
If you are creating an action-based target group that relies on dates, you select the date range using the date selector.
Click Update to complete the process. Your new action-based target group will appear under your list of action-based target groups and can be used to target mailings or to create compound target groups. You can always move a target group to a different folder if that suits your organizational structure.
Calibrated for Precision
An action-based target group is a very powerful tool that allows precision targeting. Whenever you need to focus on narrowing your subscriber base, definitely check out action-based target groups!